Life Extension Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine
Advanced form of the antioxidant selenium
- Selenium is an important antioxidant for your body and is required as a cofactor of glutathione peroxidase.
- At the same time, it is incorporated into proteins to make selenoproteins, the antioxidant properties of which contribute to blocking cellular damage from free radicals.
- High doses of vitamin C (over 1 gram) may enhance the absorption of selenium. This mineral is best taken in conjunction with antioxidant supplements, such as vitamins C or E.
Health benefits at a glance
- Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine is a naturally occurring seleno-amino acid that is synthesised by plants, such as garlic and broccoli. It is an organoselenium compound and also more bioabsorbable than other forms.
- Unlike selenomethionine, which is incorporated into proteins in place of methionine, this amino-acid is not absorbed into any proteins. Thus, it is fully available for the synthesis of selenium-containing enzymes, such as glutathione peroxidase.
Servings per container 90 - Amount per serving (1 Vegetarian Capsule):
|Name of the active substance ||Amount per serving: |
|Selenium (as Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine) ||200 mcg |
Dosage and use
Take one (1) capsule daily, with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed recommended dose. Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged. If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult with your medical practitioner first. A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Store tightly closed in a cool and dry place.
Selenium (As Se-methyl L-selenocysteine) • Microcrystalline Cellulose • Vegetable Cellulose (Capsule) • Stearic Acid • Silica.