In-line skates are the best partner for moving in the fresh air. How to choose the best in-line skates? Simply! Keep reading to get more details :-)
What type of roller skates to choose?
You should choose the roller skates type according to your skating skills. Are you advanced or a beginner? The next important aspect is the speed, the surface on which you want to ride and more. There are some in-line skate types:
- FITNESS SKATES: Fitness skates are the most commonly used skates. These skates are the best option for the beginners. They have comfortable shoes and bigger - faster wheels. Fitness skates are an ideal skates for trips, fitness skating, sports games and events with your friends.
- FREE SKATES: Free skates are the UNIVERSAL skates that you can use for fitness skating, and for freestyle as well (skating around the city, skating in the back, etc.). These skates are not as fast as fitness skates with 90mm wheels, but you can still be fast. If you want to do something different on skates than just ride straight ahead, freeskate skates are the best in-line skates for you.
- SPEED SKATES: These high speed skates are designed for the skating racers. These skates have a long frame, low shoes and high wheels. The shoes are a very hard - often uncomfortable. It is quite common to have blisters and bruises around your heel and ankles in the beginning. Your foot gets used to it over time, or some models can be modified.
- QUAD SKATES: Quad or double-row trekking skates are skates mainly for halls or special playgrounds. These skates have wide and small wheels that are slow. Because of these wheels you can feel all the mess on your way. These skates are more stylish pieces than performance skates.
- IN-LINE HOCKEY SKATES: In-line hockey skates are more like classic skates than In-line skates. Wheels have size 72 - 80mm. In-line hockey skates have 4 wheels that have a different size. Larger wheels are placed in the middle and the smaller wheels are placed on the edge. The skate is oriented mainly according to these 2 center wheels. You can use these skates for a classic ride, but they will not be as comfortable as Fitness or Free skates. Hockey skates are mainly for hockey.
- CHILDREN'S SKATES: The main benefit of these skates is the adjustable size in the range of 3-4 sizes. It's probably clear to everyone why... Resizing is easy - You just press the button, slide the tip and release the button. It's nothing complicated. The shoe, frame size and wheels are smaller than classic fitness skates, which means that they are also slower and safer.
What wheels size should you choose for in-line skates?
Wheels are one of the most important things for roller skates. The wheels affect the performance of your skates. You can find the written size on the every wheel side. The size is written in mm. The large wheels are faster and they are suitable for poor quality surfaces. The small wheels are slower and they are more suitable for a quality surface of in-line trails, etc. The advantage of the small wheels is their stability and the excellent grip. The disadvantages of the individual variants can be compensated by their hardness/softness. There are the wheels size and their using:
- Children: The ideal size of wheels is 58-76mm.
- Beginners: The ideal size of wheels is 76-80mm.
- Advanced: The ideal wheel size is 82-84mm.
- Experts: The ideal size of wheels is 90mm and more.
What is the ideal hardness of your in-line skates wheels?
The hardness of the wheels for roller skates is given in "A" units. There is the rule: The higher the value is, the harder the wheel is. There are the wheels hardness and their using:
- Soft wheels: The wheel's hardness is 80A and less. These wheels are slower, but they have an excellent grip, especially in the corners. So it fits into a worse environment. (Typical soft wheel is a 74A wheel.)
- Medium hard wheels: The wheel's hardness is 80A-90A. These wheels are a medium variant, so you can use them in both cases.
- Hard wheels: The wheel's hardness is 90A and more. These wheels are faster, but you can feel all the mess on your way.. They have a bad grip especially in the corners. These wheels are ideal for the indoor surface or for a quality outdoor surface of in-line trails. (Typical hard wheel is a 90A wheel.)
What are the ideal in-line skate bearings?
The bearings have a big effect on the quality and speed of your ride. The quality in-line bearings are marked with the ABEC + number. There is the rule: The larger the number is, the better the bearings and your ride is. There are the bearings quality and their using:
- Bearings for beginner riders: Bearings ABEC 1-5
- Bearings for advanced riders: Bearings ABEC 4-7
- Bearings for the best rides: Bearings ABEC 7-9
What is the ideal in-line skates size?
The size of shoes is the most important fact in the shoes selection. If you follow the procedure below, you will not make a mistake!
1) Foot size measurement
- Lay a bare foot on a paper and draw the outline.
- Take two furthest points from each other and make a vertical line to the edge of the paper (A dashed line on the picture below).
- Put the ruler to the paper - the starting point 0 will begin on the first line. The second line will show us the measured value.
- Add 0,5cm to the measured value (In sports leg flows a little bit, so foot must have space)
- Remember or write down the final value
For example: Player's foot on the paper is 26cm long. We add 0,5cm to those 26cm, so the final value will be 26,5cm! We remember or write down this final value.
2) Shoes choice
Now choose floorball shoes you would like to purchase at our shop.
3) A correct shoes size choice
Jakmile si vybereš sálovky, které se ti líbí, tak přímo u produktu najdeš 4 různé velikosti(UK, EU, US, cm). Např. na našem příkladu potřebujeme velikost 26,5cm, což u sálovek Asics je velikost UK 7,5 = EU 42 = US 8,5. Takovou velikost si pak objednáme.
Once you choose the shoes you like, you'll find 4 different sizes (UK, EU, US, cm) directly on the product. E.g. in our example, we need a size of 26.5cm, which for Asics is UK size 7.5 = EU 42 = US 8.5 So you can order this size.
If you still are not sure, don't hesitate to contact us , we will be pleased to help you with a choice.
In case of ordering an incorrect size just read Changes and returns section, where you can find simple instructions what to do in this case.
Notice: Do not measure your feet in the morning because heet and activity may cause its outspread. The best time for measurement is in the evening.