Life Extension Tri Sugar Shield™
Supports healthy blood sugar levels.
For you, if you are interested in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
- Promotes healthy glucose metabolism
- Supports a balanced sugar production in the liver
- Helps maintain already-healthy blood sugar levels
- Helps inhibit sugar-digesting elimination
- Contains sorghum bran extract, to help balance sugar production in the liver and support insulin sensitivity
- Also contains phloridzin, a polyphenol compound from apple root bark which can inhibit glucose absorption, and mulberry leaf extract, which promotes insulin sensitivity
Sorghum Bran Extract - a grass plant found in Southern Asia that helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels, by regulating four different mechanisms:
- Balancing the rate of sugar manufacture in the liver (gluconeogenesis);
- Promoting insulin sensitivity;
- Regulating PPAR-gamma, a metabolic thermostat that controls glucose metabolism;
- Regulating the enzyme alpha-amylase, which in turn controls the release of sugar found in starch.
Mulberry leaf extract - used in Chinese traditional medicine for centuries. It targets three different mechanisms:
- Targeting the alpha-glucosidase enzyme to regulate conversion of starch into glucose;
- Supporting glucose transporter GLUT4 that moves glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle and liver cells;
- Promoting insulin sensitivity.
Phloridzin - a natural polyphenol found in various fruit trees. It helps to maintain healthy blood sugar levels, by:
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT1, in turn helping to block the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream;
- Targeting carrier protein SGLT2, which supports glucose elimination via urine.
Serving size: 1 vegetarian capsule, Servings per container: 60
|Name of the active substance ||Amount per serving: |
|Sorghum bran (Sorghum bicolor) extract [providing 270 mg proanthocyanidins] ||300 mg |
|White mulberry extract (leaf) [providing 7.5 mg 1-deoxynojirimycin] ||150 mg |
|Phloridzin [from apple extract (root bark)] ||50 mg |
Dosage and use
Suggested daily intake is one (1) capsule twice, immediately before the heaviest carbohydrate or sugar containing meals/ drinks, or as directed by a medical practitioner.
If you are taking blood glucose lowering medication, please, consult your medical practitioner first.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not exceed recommended dose. Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged. If you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating, please consult with your medical practitioner first. A food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Store tightly closed in a cool and dry place.
Vegetable Cellulose (Capsule) • Microcrystalline Cellulose • Maltodextrin • Silica • Stearic Acid.
Country of origin
Quality Supplements and Vitamins, 3600 W Commercial Blvd Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33309-3338 USA